Tuesday, March 13, 2012

4th Lesson


Attendance.

Review prepositions (in, on, under, next to) and classroom objects from last session.

SBS pg. 10 Recite list twice.
l   What do you do in the _____?
l   You [verb].

SBS pg. 11 Recite together.

Students draw a map of the INSIDE of their house on the back of their papers.  Teacher records objects/vocab for map on the board.  I’ve found the more vocab you write the better.  Otherwise students tell you they’re done in less than five minutes.  Ten minutes for this activity is optimal.

Students recite the names of animals as teacher shows a series of flashcards.

Teacher lists a set of attributes, such as:
l   I am tall.
l   I am brown and yellow.
l   I eat trees.
l   What am I?

Matching game:
l   Half the students get the “clues” flashcards.
l   Half the students get the “pictures” flashcards.
l   Students try to find their match.
l   They can sit down if they found their match.

Writing (sentence completion) if time.  Using vocabulary from the map exercise.
l   In my living room I have a TV.
l   In my bedroom I have a bed.
l   In my…. I have….

No comments:

Post a Comment