Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Oral Test

For the first oral test I talk to the students in groups of four by seat number.  First I talk to students #1-4, and then #5-8, and so on, making about 9 groups depending on class size.  I ask each group a set of questions for five minutes or so.  I dismiss students early if the test appears too easy for them, usually leaving the students who are having the most trouble for last.  This is a good chance to talk to the kids who are always quiet in class, or those who’ve had behavior issues.

        I’m pretty lenient about grading this test.  If a student can answer all the questions I ask they get 100, and usually most of the class has 100 by the time we’re through.  I write the scores down in my notebook and then copy the notebook page and give it to the Assistant Teacher.  The Assistant Teacher enters the grades into the school computer system.

No comments:

Post a Comment