Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Integration


Art can be fun, but time consuming.  It’s difficult, at the beginning level, to find art projects that meaningfully incorporate English concepts.  If you can do this well I applaud you.

        Music can also be fun, but hard to do.  If you play an instrument the students will love it – at least the first time.  I myself am an extremely unskilled guitar player, and my half-assed rendition of “Black Sabbath” proved surprisingly successful.

        Getting students to move around the classroom is essential if you want to hold their attention for long.  This doesn’t need to be dance.  It could also be a game of some kind, like musical chairs to an English song.  Be careful with movement games that are more competitive than cooperative.  I have seen fights develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment