Tuesday, March 13, 2012

8th Lesson


Attendance.  Could have students stand up when their names are called.  Probably by this point many students still don’t know their names, and being the only ones sitting down will not only give them motivation to learn their English names but it will also tell you who doesn’t know their own.

Review present continuous verbs from last time, using, “What am I doing?”

Pantomime activities/actions.
l   You are sleeping.
l   You are swimming.
l   Etc.

Pass out papers.

Asia Map.  Write the numbers 1-9 on the board.  With the following prompts, have students fill in the chart.
l   I am from Taiwan.  I speak Chinese.  I am Taiwanese.
l   I am from Japan.  I speak Japanese.  I am _______.
l   I am from the Philippines.  I speak Tagalog.  I am ______.
l   I am from China.  I speak ______.  I am ______.
After the chart is completed repeat everything again.  Students then label the map with teacher’s assistance.

Read the Conversation with students.  Teacher takes turns being both Student 1 and Student 2.

SBS pg. 17 Recite twice.

SBS pg. 19 Complete together and recite.

Play Charades with class.  Two teams, teacher takes one student from each team outside and tells them the clue.  The first team to guess the clue wins the point.

“Draw This Story.”  Teacher reads the following story, and students DRAW it.  Say each sentence three times.  Acting out the story helps.
        “I am a boy.  I see two girls.  One girl has a dog.  One girl has a cat.  The girls are in the house.  Next to the house is a tree.  Under the house is a snake.  On the house is a giraffe.  The giraffe is playing Xbox.”

After story is concluded show them what the picture should look like by drawing it on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment